HekaFlo HM-P-5OO, HFNC device developed by Heka Medicals India Pvt Ltd, has been tested for clinical performance at our institution. The device was used in our Intensive care unit in hypoxemic patients with post COVID pneumonia and patients weaned from ventilator. The clinical performance of the device was found to be satisfactory during the trial period. We also observed that HekaFlo HFNC is quite and user- friendly with many innovative features.
Dr. Suresh G. Nair, MD, FIACTA, FTEE
Senior Consultant Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Aster Medcity, Kochi.
HekaFlo HFNC device manufactured by Heka Medicals India Pvt Ltd is being used in our ICU for COVID-19 as well as post COVID pneumonia/fibrosis patients for the last six months. During this period regarding the clinical efficacy and utility, the following observations were made.
- Its clinical performance is in par with the other standard HFNC machines available in the medical industry.
- Its interface is very user-friendly, accurate and has many advanced features like inbuilt O2 flow meter calculator, ROX index calculator, SPO2 monitoring and IoT enabled remote monitoring features which are not available in any other standard HFNC machines.
- The clinician can also retrieve the patient’s oxygen requirements and other vital statistics at a later point of time, which is very useful for clinical analysis and research.
- In fact, in one of our patients with post COVID lung fibrosis the HekaFlo HFNC machine was used almost continuously for about a month and the patient was successfully weaned off from respiratory support.
- The support services from the Heka team were prompt and comprehensive.
- ICU staff nurses/respiratory therapists commented that it was easy for them to understand the basic technical aspects, alarm settings of the machine and change.
Dr. Mathew Pulicken MD, IDCCM, EDICU
Associate Professor & HOD, Critical Care Medicine, Pushpagiri Medical College Hospital, Thiruvalla.
Heka Flo HM-P-500 HFNC device developed by Heka Medicals India Pvt ltd, has been evaluated for clinical performance at our institution. The device was used in our 23 bedded Paediatric Intensive Care Unit. The performance of the device was found satisfactory, during the trial period. We also observed that Heka Flo HFNC is very user friendly and has many innovative features like wi-fi enabled remote monitoring, flow meter button, RoX Index Calculation which makes this device highly useful among different clinical services. HekaFlo HM-P-500 HFNC device meets all the technical specifications and features as mentioned in the brochure.
Dr. Kala Ebenezer MD.DCH
Prof & Head, Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Christian Medical College, Vellore.
HekaFlo HM-P-500, loT enabled High flow nasal oxygenation Therapy (HFNC/HFNO) device developed by Heka Medical India Pvt Ltd, had been tested for clinical Performance at our institution. The device was used in our intensive care unit in hypoxemic patients with Covid and Post Covid pneumonia ·The clinical performance of the device was found to be satisfactory during the trial period. We also observed that HekaFlo HFNC is quite user- friendly with many innovative features.
Dr. Indhu Rajeev MBBS DNB FICM
Consultant Critical Care, Lourdes Hospital, Kochi.
High Flow Nasal Oxygen therapy device (HekaFlo HM-P-500) developed by Heka Medicals India Pvt. Ltd has been tested for clinical demonstration in the Intensive Care Unit at Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvalla, Kerala from 22/07/2021 to 09/08/2021. During the trial period, we have observed that the device is very user friendly, has many advanced features, meets all the technical specifications, and has overall satisfactory performance. We used the device for delivering High flow oxygen therapy in patients with hypoxemic respiratory failure secondary to COVID Phenomenon / Post-Covid lung fibrosis. Patient compliance with the device was also found to be good.